Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from a church cookbook I inherited from my Great Aunt Alta, the St John's Luthern Church Cookbook 1963 in Summit,NJ. Although this is called a "salad" it is really a casserole and you may either bake this in a regular casserole dish or use decorative individual shell molds.
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups crabmeat, shredded
- 1 cup cooked baby shrimp, drained well,deviened and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix together peppers, onions, and celery and seafood.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper to taste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into greased casserole or 8 individual shells (greased).
- Mix together the melted butter and the bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until the top is browned, about 30 minutes.