Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Serve with a cabbage salad and creamy dill dressing.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, juice from can included
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 lb halibut, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in onion and garlic; stir/saute for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine, seasonings, and orzo.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Fold in halibut and shrimp; bake, covered, in a 400° oven for 15 minutes or until halibut is white and shrimp is pink.
- Stir in parsley and cheese; bake, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Lovely tasting casserole.. My family really did like this. Loved the feta cheese. Thanks for posting this recipe.