Recipe by Rita~
Use fresh seafood and take the time to make it it's worth it! Rich comfort food! Serve with a loaf of crisp french bread and a light bowl of fresh greens!
Top Review by MizzNezz
I cut this down to 4 servings and baked it in a 9 inch square pan. I also omitted the flounder and added extra shrimp, simply because we like the shrimp best. This is very rich and delicious! You're right Rita, all you need with this is a salad and a nice crusty bread!! Well.....maybe a nice glass of white wine... :-) YUM!!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb small scallop
- 1⁄2 lb cod fish fillet
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 cup sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, saute the onion and the pepper in 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Cook until tender.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the flour, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in crabmeat, remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, scallops and flounder, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid, and set the seafood aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over low heat.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Cook and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk and chicken broth plus the 1 cup reserved cooking liquid.
- Raise heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Mix in the shredded Cheddar cheese, Sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Stir in cooked seafood, mushrooms and parsley.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Press crabmeat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spoon the seafood mixture over the crabmeat crust, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.