Rustle up a fragrant fish supper for two with this sensational recipe for sea bass cooked in parchment parcels.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the oven to 400°F Place the garlic cloves in a roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast for 10 minutes or so until soft and creamy inside.
- 3Put a piece of parchment paper large enough to wrap the fish in on top of a piece of foil cut to the same size, making sure that the shiny side is facing downwards.
- 4Lay the bass on top and tuck the garlic in the stomach cavity and around the fish.
- 5Scatter the crumbled chilies over the top; lay the rosemary on the fish and season with a sprinkling of salt.
- 6Fold the foil up and crimp at the edges to form a parcel. Pour in the wine and remaining olive oil and seal the rest of the foil so that the fish is completely enclosed - it should look like a large pastie!
- 7Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven. To serve, open the parcel in front of your guest, squeeze over the lemon and dive in!
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sea Bass With Roasted Garlic, Chili, and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.6
- Calories from Fat 732
- Total Fat 81.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 185.8 mg
- Sodium 314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 84.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: