Recipe by English_Rose
Rustle up a fragrant fish supper for two with this sensational recipe for sea bass cooked in parchment parcels.
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2 lb) sea bass
- 2 small dried chilies, crumbled
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven to 400°F Place the garlic cloves in a roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast for 10 minutes or so until soft and creamy inside.
- Put a piece of parchment paper large enough to wrap the fish in on top of a piece of foil cut to the same size, making sure that the shiny side is facing downwards.
- Lay the bass on top and tuck the garlic in the stomach cavity and around the fish.
- Scatter the crumbled chilies over the top; lay the rosemary on the fish and season with a sprinkling of salt.
- Fold the foil up and crimp at the edges to form a parcel. Pour in the wine and remaining olive oil and seal the rest of the foil so that the fish is completely enclosed - it should look like a large pastie!
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven. To serve, open the parcel in front of your guest, squeeze over the lemon and dive in!