Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This fresh, citrus sauce with oranges, limes, jicama and cilantro works just as well with other fish, baked or grilled. If you don't like fish then put the sauce on some baked or grilled chicken instead. You can't go wrong with this sauce.
- 4 sea bass fillets (4-5 oz. each)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, cut in half
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup finely diced jicama
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno chile
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle fish with teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place fish in glass baking dish.
- Cut one half onion into thin slices.
- Cut 4 thin slices from half of lime.
- Arrange lime and onion slices on each fillet.
- Bake fillets 12 to 15 minutes, or until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, peel and remove white pith from oranges; cut into segments, then cut each segment in half.
- Transfer orange pieces to small bowl.
- Mince remaining onion half and squeeze 1 tablespoon lime juice from remaining lime half; add to orange pieces with avocado, jicama, cilantro, jalapeño, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- You can make this sauce earlier in the day and keep it refrigerated until dinner.
- Serve with baked fish.