Recipe by CJAY
This recipe comes from a little book called ABC Jiffy Cookery. I've had it for over 50 years. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet. I'm putting them here so I can find them easier.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 four to five pound whole sea bass, cleaned
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375*. Butter an oven dish. Dry the fish and season it well inside and out with salt and pepper. Place it in the buttered dish and spread with onion, parsley, garlic and mushrooms. Dot well with the remaining butter except for the 1 Tblsp. and pour the wine over all.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, basting frequently. Remove the fish to a heated platter. Add the 1 Tblsp. of cold butter to the sauce in the baking dish. Do not heat. Pour sauce over fish without straining.
- Decorate, if desired, with lemon and additional chopped parsley.