Usually, I’m not a big fan of fish, but this is something I actually crave. Its flavors come together in a wonderful way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pieces filet scrod fish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces canned plum tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or montrachet)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place fish in lightly greased dish. Fold thin ends under to make even thickness.
- 3In a medium frying pan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Divide over fillets and sprinkle top with feta cheese (use more if you like).
- 5Bake 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Scrod Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 1122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: