Recipe by RSHDiva
Usually, I’m not a big fan of fish, but this is something I actually crave. Its flavors come together in a wonderful way.
Top Review by ymarom
this is a quick and delicious recipe. i used diced tomateos in basil and olive oil. the capers, olives and fresh herbs are a great combination too. oh, i used the scrod once and as well as tilapia and both were great.
- 4 pieces filet scrod fish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces canned plum tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or montrachet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place fish in lightly greased dish. Fold thin ends under to make even thickness.
- In a medium frying pan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Divide over fillets and sprinkle top with feta cheese (use more if you like).
- Bake 8-10 minutes.