Prep1 hr 30 mins
The inhabitants of Scotland seem to have a mania for deep fried food; they are notorious for deep frying Mars bars. Scotch Eggs are one of their better efforts in this tradition. However, these are just as good baked and a great deal less greasy.
- Mix the meat thoroughly with the seasonings and divide into four equal portions.
- Have the four eggs hard boiled, for about 12 minutes.
- Peel them, dip them in water and coat them in flour.
- Wrap each egg evenly in a portion of meat, being sure they are covered completely.
- Beat the remaining egg.
- Dip each egg in the beaten egg then coat thoroughly in breadcrumbs.
- Chill for one hour.
- Bake until golden brown on a cookie sheet at 400°F; about 30 minutes.