Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are easy, filling, and can be made a day or two ahead and baked fresh and hot in the morning! My husband freezes any leftovers and pops them in the microwave to reheat and says they're great that way too. I've found that a pound of sausage will cover about 6 medium eggs. My husband tried to stretch it more one time and covered 8 medium eggs with one pound of sausage, but they split when they baked and the exposed egg got burned.
- Hard boil 6 of the eggs; cool and peel.
- Divide the breakfast sausage into 6 equal parts. Slightly flatten each one, set an egg on it, then pat and shape the sausage to completely cover and seal in the egg.
- Beat the seventh egg with a little water. Dip each sausage/egg ball into the egg mixture.
- Roll the sausage/egg ball in the dried bread crumbs (Plain are ok but we prefer Italian seasoned crumbs).
- Place all of the sausage balls on a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about a half-hour.