1/2 Photos of Baked Scallops With Mushrooms
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A delightful scallop recipe, enhanced with cheese, wine and spices. The mushrooms also give the recipe another different taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 lb fresh button mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano cheese preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, Hungarian paprika preferred
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lb fresh scallops, rinsed
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2In a large heavy bottom frying pan, melt 1/4 cup of butter; add green pepper and onion and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 3Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons butter to pan and sprinkle in flour, salt and lemon pepper; mix well and cook on low heat for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat, add half and half cream, cheese, paprika and nutmeg and stir to mix.
- 6Return to heat and on medium-high heat return to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 7Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture is thick and smooth stirring frequently.
- 8Remove from heat, stir in scallops and wine.
- 9Spoon mixture into buttered scallop shells or buttered baking dishes, about 1 cup size.
- 10In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs with Italian seasoning mix and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over scallop mixture in each dish.
- 12Bake in preheated 450°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned on top.
- 13Serve immediately.
- 14If scallops are large, cut into smaller chunks before adding to mixture.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Scallops With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 582.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: