Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Runners World Magazine. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of white wine but I like it with a little less.
- 2 lbs sea scallops (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry.
- Remove and discard each "foot" (tough piece on the side of each scallop).
- Put the scallops in a glass bowl and toss with basil, zest, cumin, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place scallops in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the wine over the top.
- Lightly cover the scallops with bread crumbs.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the scallops are cooked though and tops are nicely browned.
This was good, but I think it has too much olive oil and wine. Next time I make it I will add the wine to the herb/lime mixture before adding to the baking pan and omit the drizzle of olive oil all together and just add the mixture that I toss the scallops in. It made the Italian Bread crumbs a little soggy with that much liquid. The overall flavor was really good. I served this with peel&eat shrimp, Bergy's Super Shrimp & Garlic Bruschetta Super Shrimp and Garlic Bruschetta and Corn on the cob. Really nice dinner. Thanks for posting.