Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Whenever I can have scallops is a real treat for me.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops, cut in halves
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 10 firm white mushrooms, sliced
- onion salt, to taste
- freshly grated black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wipe scallops with damp paper towel. Mash garlic cloves, add to butter, and stir well to blend. Keep warm.
- Pour a little of the melted garlic sauce into the bottom of a baking dish, add the mushrooms and season with onion salt and black pepper. Place the scallops on top of the mushrooms. Reserve 1 tablespoon garlic sauce and drizzle the rest on scallops.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parsley and reserved garlic sauce.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven until the top is nicely browned and bubbly hot, for about 10 minutes.
Delicious garlic flavor on nice sweet scallops. I used panko breadcrumbs just because I prefer them on seafood. The only thing I'd do differently is to saute the mushrooms just enough so the release their water before putting them into the casserole dish. That way there would be less water in the finished product. Thanx for sharing!
Delicious and easy! My new favorite scallop dish, very flavorful and enjoyed by the whole family, which is unusal. It went well with linguine. Made it last week and making it again tonight but with ziti this time and am considering baking it all together.
Wonderful garlic flavoring recipe for baked scallops. DH and I (both) really enjoyed it. Only thing I did different was, I mixed panko breadcrumbs and some garlic herb bread crumbs together and dipped the scallops one at a time into the crumbs and placed on the mushrooms, than I poured remaining melted garlic butter over top. I also used larger scallops and baked alittle longer than stated. Delicious! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!