The smoky taste of the bacon adds just the right counterpoint to the other ingredients.
Make and share this Baked Scallops With Bacon, Sauteed Apples, and Cider Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Saute bacon in a large skillet over med-low heat just until it renders its fat, about 4 minutes, do not brown.
- Transfer to a piece of paper towel and drain.
- Discard the bacon fat and wipe the skillet clean.
- Lightly butter a medium baking dish and arrange the scallops in a single layer, leaving space between them; then place the bacon on top of the scallops.
- Bake 10-12 minutes just until the bacon browns and the scallops are cooked.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter in the skillet until melted.
- Add the apple wedges and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
- Saute over medium heat, stirring and turning until the apples are golden, about 5 minutes.
- When the scallops are cooked, remove from the oven and spoon off the juices; add the juices to the apples, along with the cider and lemon juice.
- Heat, stirring gently, over high heat until the juices boil and coat the apples, 3-4 minutes.
- Place the bacon-topped scallops on each of 4 dinner plates, dividing evenly.
- Arrange 4 apples slices in a fan design on each plate.
- Spoon the skillet juices over the scallops; season with salt and pepper and serve.
This was interesting. A nice variety of ingredients. I used red delicious apples. !/2 lemon juice. I seasoned the scallops with white pepper then topped with bacon. I reduced the cider sauce down to very thick. Made for Comfort cafe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=288536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=915 Thanks.