1/1 Photo of Baked Scallops With Bacon, Sauteed Apples, and Cider Sauce
The smoky taste of the bacon adds just the right counterpoint to the other ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Saute bacon in a large skillet over med-low heat just until it renders its fat, about 4 minutes, do not brown.
- 3Transfer to a piece of paper towel and drain.
- 4Discard the bacon fat and wipe the skillet clean.
- 5Lightly butter a medium baking dish and arrange the scallops in a single layer, leaving space between them; then place the bacon on top of the scallops.
- 6Bake 10-12 minutes just until the bacon browns and the scallops are cooked.
- 7Meanwhile, beat the butter in the skillet until melted.
- 8Add the apple wedges and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
- 9Saute over medium heat, stirring and turning until the apples are golden, about 5 minutes.
- 10When the scallops are cooked, remove from the oven and spoon off the juices; add the juices to the apples, along with the cider and lemon juice.
- 11Heat, stirring gently, over high heat until the juices boil and coat the apples, 3-4 minutes.
- 12Place the bacon-topped scallops on each of 4 dinner plates, dividing evenly.
- 13Arrange 4 apples slices in a fan design on each plate.
- 14Spoon the skillet juices over the scallops; season with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Scallops With Bacon, Sauteed Apples, and Cider Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 263.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g