Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Simply Seafood submitted by Kathleen Stang. This sounds simple and good. You can also use shrimp instead of the scallops.
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops or 3⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 lb medium mushroom
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- Rinse the scallops in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and reserve both the stems and caps.
- Brush a shallow (8- to 9-inch diameter) baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the scallops with the flour and arrange them with the mushroom caps in a single layer in the dish.
- Pour the wine into the dish along the edge.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems and mix them with the bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic, pepper flakes and salt. Sprinkle this mixture over the scallops and mushrooms.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake in the heated oven until the mushrooms are soft and scallops are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- To reheat, loosely cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.