Recipe by Normaone
Through the years I have tried to accumulate a collection of recipes that can be prepared very quickly but are still quite elegant. This is one of those dishes. It can easily be doubled or tripled as needed. Also, it can be baked in individual dishes for ease in serving. It can be a first course or a main dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces bay scallops
- 1 cup fresh french breadcrumbs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450^F.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and brush some of the butter over a ten inch glass pie plate.
- Put the scallops in the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add breadcrumbs and garlic to the butter in the skillet and stir over medium heat until the crumbs are crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in parsley and tarragon.
- Top the scallops with the crumb mixture.
- Bake until top is golden and scallops are opaque in center, about 10 minutes.