Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This recipe serves 2 but can easily be doubled. The cheese gives this a nice richness. I have made this with both scallop and shrimp also.
Top Review by jkoch960
This recipe was delicious! But as Chef #1095387 stated , the directions are not clear. I had already added the garlic to the butter and so forth in the sauce pan so could only saute the onions in the skillet. Your directions also do not indicate how much olive oil to use when sauteing the onion. With a few minor corrections to the directions, this could be a 5-star all the way because the flavor is absolutely wonderful!!!!!
- 12 ounces scallops
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup gruyere or 1⁄4 cup a mild cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- season salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For topping:.
- In small saucepan melt butter.
- Add garlic, onions, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook on low heat for 4 minutes. Add breadcrumbs. Mix well. Set aside.
- In large sauté pan heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Place scallops in baking dish. Pour heavy cream and white wine on the scallops. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Top with Parmesan and Gruyere cheese. Bake 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly brown.