Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe I've had for a while from another web site ... putting it out on Zaar for safe keeping.
- 20 Ritz crackers, crushed
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lighly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Combine crushed crackers, black pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Press scallops into mixture so that they are evenly coated. Place them in the greased dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together melted butter, wine and lemon juice.
- Drizzle mixture over scallops.
- Bake until scallops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Excellent, even without the wine. I added some Old Bay Seasoning to the crushed crackers to step it up a notch. I used the juice of 1 large lemon with the melted butter and spooned it over the breaded scallops and baked them for about 30 minutes, which I know is a long time for some but I like my fish cooked and the scallops were large. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR Tag Game
Taste was great, but cracker coating just got soggy. I couldn't seem to get any crispiness, as the liquid drizzle just made it all soggy.