Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This delicious, rich and creamy potato dish is made by the Quiet Man in Dover, NJ, a wonderful little pub with great food.
- In a 20 x 10 x 2 deep pan pour in the heavy cream.
- Add the onion, salt and pepper.
- Slice potatoes very thin, use a food processor or mandoline.
- Fill the pan with the sliced potatoes until the pan is packed with potatoes and the cream is all absorbed.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Remove foil and brown under broiler.
- Cut into 20 squares to serve.
We have had these at the Quiet Man restaurant in NJ. They are the BEST we have ever had. I am not kidding. Will be trying these at home. I am not sure of the exact type of potatoes to use, but will start out with the basic Idaho potato.