Baked Savory Breadfruit (Taufolo)
- Wash breadfruit and puncture deeply about 6-8 times. Bake at 350 deg. F. for 1 1/2 hours.
- In large fry pan, saute onions and peppers add mixed herbs and cook a few minutes longer. Cut meat into 1/2" cubes and stir into pan.
- Dissolve bouillon in water and add with carrots to pan. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 15 minute.
- Cut top of the baked breadfruit and scoop out the pulp leaving a shell (about 1/2" thick). Grate pulp and fold into hot onion and pepper mixture. Stir in the beaten egg. Spoon everything back into the shell. Secure the top with toothpicks, wrap in heavy foil and bake at 425deg. F. for 30-40 minutes.
- Unwrap, cut into wedges and serve hot.