Recipe by FlemishMinx
This simple, comforting dish relies on the use of good quality sausages as the main seasoning comes from them. I like to use garlic sausages, but choose your favorites. It is easily assembled and with the addition of a side vegetable you have an entire meal. If you are having problems with the metric quantities, don't forget to try the handy "Change size or US/metric " link next to serving size!
Top Review by mdumes
We made this for our two kids (and the adults) and it was simple and very good. We didn't have the red onion, so just used the sweet onion and it was fine. Next time we may cut the sausages smaller, and use a tex mex cheese blend. Yum!
- 450 g sausages
- 750 g potatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Cut each sausage into three chunks.
- Peel the potatoes, and slice each the thickness of one finger.
- Mix the sausages, potatoes, onions, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-proof baking dish large enough to hold it in one layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until the sausages and potatoes are cooked through and browned, stirring two or three times during this time.
- Remove from oven and check seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover with the grated cheddar and return to the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Remove and serve!