Recipe by Mille®
Yet another regional variation of a favourite Scottish national dish.
Top Review by Denise Nachtigal
I think I was supposed to use sausage links, but I used bulk sausage cause that's all I had. I had to cook it much longer for the potatoes to be done. There's was also alot of liquid in it in the end. I wouldn't say this is a great recipe, but it also isn't a bad one either so I went down the center with a 3 star.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 lb onion
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 3 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease your baking dish.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes; peel and chop the onions.
- Dice the sausages.
- In a baking dish put a layer of potatoes, a layer of onions and a layer of sausage.
- Season to taste and sprinkle over half the herbs.
- Continue the layers until you have used up all the ingredients, ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the herbs.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in 1 pint of hot water and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.