Recipe by Jessica1
Mmm...cheesy goodness. This is especially good on those cold days. I got this recipe from my mom and her best friend a couple of years ago and have been enjoying it ever since.
- 1 (1 lb) package sausage, sliced (the kind that comes in two curved links)
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (or as much as you would like)
- Nice & Cheesy cheese (or you could use Velveeta, use as much as you would like. I use about half a small box)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put oil in skillet and place over medium heat until hot.
- Brown sausage on both sides.
- Place sausage in between layers of paper towels to get out as much of the grease as possible.
- Spray deep baking dish with Crisco and place sausage into it.
- Brown potatoes, (but do not fry until done) in the sausage grease left in skillet.
- You may need to add a bit more oil.
- Follow the same paper towel method as you did in step #3. This time with the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on top of sausage in deep baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F until potatoes are soft (about 45 minutes). Check often, as not to burn.
- Place a layer of sliced cheese over top when potatoes are soft.
- Put back in the oven until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy.