1/1 Photo of Baked Sausage Potatoes and Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
Mmm...cheesy goodness. This is especially good on those cold days. I got this recipe from my mom and her best friend a couple of years ago and have been enjoying it ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Put oil in skillet and place over medium heat until hot.
- 3Brown sausage on both sides.
- 4Place sausage in between layers of paper towels to get out as much of the grease as possible.
- 5Spray deep baking dish with Crisco and place sausage into it.
- 6Brown potatoes, (but do not fry until done) in the sausage grease left in skillet.
- 7You may need to add a bit more oil.
- 8Follow the same paper towel method as you did in step #3. This time with the potatoes.
- 9Place potatoes on top of sausage in deep baking dish.
- 10Bake at 375°F until potatoes are soft (about 45 minutes). Check often, as not to burn.
- 11Place a layer of sliced cheese over top when potatoes are soft.
- 12Put back in the oven until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- 13Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sausage Potatoes and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.1
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 1060.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g