Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Great twist for a Sunday Breakfast!
Top Review by Derf
Very nice, I had no mushrooms so i subed with black olives which turned out very good! Just made half a recipe in a 9 x 9 dish, which came out thicker I guess cus I had to bake it about 20 minutes longer than called for to get the middle set. Enjoyed it very much for Supper on a Saturday night and the rest for breakfast Sunday morning. Another time I think I will put the sasage under the top, they got a little over done on top; I used 2% milk which seemed to work well; also may add a little cayenne to put a little bite in it next time. all in all we love it and will be making it again. thanks for posting.
- 1 package sausage, cooked,crumbled and drained
- 4 1⁄2 cups day old bread, cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup peeled chopped tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread in well buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine the next six ingredients over the top.
- Sprinkle sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes over the top.
- Cover and chill overnite.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour.
- Put foil on top if it browns too quickly.