1/3 Photos of Baked Sauerkraut
1 hr 10 mins
Wonderfull with all kinds of bbq meals!! from the local newpaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large walla walla onions or 1 large Spanish onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 whole tart cooking apples, sliced and chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained and dried 'til crunchy
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- hot sauce
- 1Melt butter and bacon drippings if using in a large frypan.
- 2Swirl to mix.
- 3Add onion and apples, saute until nearly tender.
- 4Combine with sauekraut in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Stir in crushed tomatoes, undrained, brown sugar, wine and hot sauce.
- 6Stir well and turn into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 7Cover tightly and bake at 325f degrees 1 hour.
- 8Uncover and bake 30 to 45 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 1377.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g