Recipe by mommy2taylor
You can serve this dish as a side dish or it can double as a main dish vegetable stew. Serve with hot Italian or French bread.
Top Review by salzer
This was very good. I made it for a party and it went over well. I did alter the recipe a little - I had a 32 ounce jar of sauerkraut so I added some egg noodles to soak up the extra liquid. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Polish sausage or 1 (16 ounce) package turkey sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) jar sauerkraut
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl stir together the sauerkraut and tomatoes.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Crumble the cooked bacon over the top and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Top with the sausage.
- Bake at 400-degrees until the sausage is cooked and the sauerkraut is bubbly.