Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great tasting, savory crunchy snack food!!! From "Christmas 101" by Rick Rodgers. Great for gift giving! Tips: This recipe makes a lot, so be sure to use a big enough pan (I use one of those disposable turkey size aluminum pans). It also freezes well in an airtight container, or use freezer ziplock bags.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) boxoven-roasted square corn flakes cereal
- 4 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chile powder, salt and cayenne pepper until the butter melts.
- In a large roasting pan at least 3 or 4 inches deep, combine the cereal, pretzels, peanuts, pecans and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the cereal, and toss gently to coat.
- Bake in the center of the oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about 1 hour, or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days, or freeze.