Recipe by JoyfulCook
A great way to serve up fish, its so full of flavour and the Asian marinade is tasty and quite hot and baked in a loose foil package. Serve either with salads and fried up baby new potatoes cooked in garlic olive oil or over rice with the juices serving as a gravy. Totally delicious either way
Top Review by mama smurf
This was delicious and soooo easy! I followed the directions as given only adding a little more onion. Definately going to make this again! Thank you for posting. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2012.
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil, sesame
- 1 teaspoon oil, peanut
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- pepper, black, fresh ground
- 2 (150 g) fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the spring onions, lemon juice, lemon zest, sambal oelek, the oils, garlic and ginger in a medium bowl. Add the fish and coat all over, leave for an hour in the fridge to marinade.
- Heat the oven to 200c or 400f.
- Place each fillet of fish in a piece of foil, piling the rest of the marinade and onions on the top, seal loosely.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve the fish either with salads and fried up pre cooked baby potatoes cooked in garlic olive oil or on fluffy white rice, using the juice from the fish as a gravy. Delicious.