Recipe by Chef Giga
Crispy, yummy and family loves it
Top Review by Sara 76
These are great, especially when served as dippers for soup! I added the salt to the dough, and after it was all mixed, I divided the dough in half. After brushing with the beaten egg yolk, I sprinkled one half with sumac, and the other half with grated parmesan. They were kind of like savoury scones in flavour. Very easy, very quick, and very tasty! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground sumac or 2 tablespoons poppy seeds or 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or 1⁄4 cup grated cheese or 1 tablespoon ground oregano or 1 tablespoon garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter with flour and baking soda.
- Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Add more flour if too sticky.
- Roll out batter until 1/2 inch thick and spread yolk over.
- (Putting batter into freezer for 10 minutes might help the stickiness too.).
- Sprinkle with salt, then summac or poppy seeds, grated cheese or as you like.
- Cut into 1/2 inch thick sticks.
- Bake at 350 until golden.