Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tired of the same old chicken breast? Try this ZIPPY recipe! We like things hot and spicy so I use cayenne pepper to season my chicken breast - but be careful it can get mighty hot!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- pepper, to taste
- zesty seasoning salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 4 green onions, diced (for topping)
- Place chicken in an 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle with seasonings to taste.
- Cover with salsa- save some salsa for topping.
- Bake at 375°F for 45- 60 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Top with cheese and broil during last 5 minutes of baking time to brown cheese.
- Garnish with sour cream, salsa and green onions.
I tried this the other night. Loved it! I like how the salsa covers the chicken keeping it moist during the cooking time. I didn't have the shredded cheddar cheese, but I did have con queso cheese instead, I felt it added to the "salsa experiences"