Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great meal in a packet. Can easily be adjusted so each packet has what individuals like.
- 8 red potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 4 ounces green beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 dash salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 large leeks, tops cut off
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 dash pepper
- 24 ounces salmon fillets
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Steam potatoes and carrots in an inch of water for 5 minutes.
- Add green beans and steam 5 minutes or until beans are bright green.
- Remove vegetables and get cold.
- Combine vegetables with herbs and seasonings.
- Spray large piece of foil with non-stick spray.
- Place salmon on foil.
- Add 1/4 of vegetable mixture.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of butter on top.
- Seal edges.
- Place on oven rack.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This recipe is from the Gas Light Inn in Atlanta, GA. It is absolutely wonderful. According to the original recipe you can substitute dried herbs (2 teaspoons dried dillweed, and 1 teaspoon dried basil). I have tried this variation several times and it does not affect the flavor. I have also used frozen greenbeans (GASP!). I just put them in with the carrots and the potatoes for the full steam cooking time of 10 minutes. In order to speed up preparation, I do not wait for the vegetables to cool, they go straight from the steamer to the packet, then right to the oven. My husband does not like fish, so I make his packet with chicken and it is also wonderful.<br/>I am including a link to the recipe that has some slight prep variations: http://virtualcities.com/ons/ga/a/gaa55011.htm