Recipe by Preeti De
Tangy baked salmon recipe. I use Tropicana Orange Juice. Sometime mix orange juice and lemon juice to give a more tangy flavor.
Top Review by April1
Well I made this because I didn't have the correct ingredients for our favorite baked salmon. This was very good and the orange flavor was just enough. I used fresh squeezed orange juice as I didn't have store bought. I also put some slices of oranges on top. I baked mine for 20 minutes covered and about 10 minutes uncovered just to brown it some and concentrate the orange juice a little. I served this with red potatoes and green beans. Very good and is definitely a keeper in our family! Even our 17 month old liked it...how bout that for good salmon. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 salmon steaks or 2 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 10 tablespoons orange juice (with pulp)
- ground pepper
- 1 dash oregano (optional)
- 1 dash sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish lightly with butter.
- Clean and pat dry the Salmon Steaks or Fillets.
- Rub salt on both sides (not necessary on the skin-side).
- Place salmon pieces in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Make deep cuts in the salmon pieces, dab some butter into the cuts and also dab a few bits of butter on the rest of the salmon.
- Pour orange juice all over the fish.
- Sprinkle pepper, oregano and for those who like a dash of sweet taste, sprinkle some sugar which will caramalize.
- Bake until the salmon flakes.