Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tangy baked salmon recipe. I use Tropicana Orange Juice. Sometime mix orange juice and lemon juice to give a more tangy flavor.
- 2 salmon steaks or 2 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 10 tablespoons orange juice (with pulp)
- ground pepper
- 1 dash oregano (optional)
- 1 dash sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish lightly with butter.
- Clean and pat dry the Salmon Steaks or Fillets.
- Rub salt on both sides (not necessary on the skin-side).
- Place salmon pieces in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Make deep cuts in the salmon pieces, dab some butter into the cuts and also dab a few bits of butter on the rest of the salmon.
- Pour orange juice all over the fish.
- Sprinkle pepper, oregano and for those who like a dash of sweet taste, sprinkle some sugar which will caramalize.
- Bake until the salmon flakes.
Well I made this because I didn't have the correct ingredients for our favorite baked salmon. This was very good and the orange flavor was just enough. I used fresh squeezed orange juice as I didn't have store bought. I also put some slices of oranges on top. I baked mine for 20 minutes covered and about 10 minutes uncovered just to brown it some and concentrate the orange juice a little. I served this with red potatoes and green beans. Very good and is definitely a keeper in our family! Even our 17 month old liked it...how bout that for good salmon. Thanks for sharing.
oh wow this was delicious! My bf loved it also, said it was extra moist...obviously b/c the juice. I wasn't sure about the juice at first, just seemed different but it sure made a lovely YUMMY dinner! edit. I made this again for my parents during Easter. They also loved it and mom even asked for the recipe!!
This was tasty and easy to make. I used basil leaves from the garden instead of oregano, and added some lemon juice. Thanks for the great recipe!