Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tangy baked salmon recipe. I use Tropicana Orange Juice. Sometime mix orange juice and lemon juice to give a more tangy flavor.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish lightly with butter.
- Clean and pat dry the Salmon Steaks or Fillets.
- Rub salt on both sides (not necessary on the skin-side).
- Place salmon pieces in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Make deep cuts in the salmon pieces, dab some butter into the cuts and also dab a few bits of butter on the rest of the salmon.
- Pour orange juice all over the fish.
- Sprinkle pepper, oregano and for those who like a dash of sweet taste, sprinkle some sugar which will caramalize.
- Bake until the salmon flakes.
oh wow this was delicious! My bf loved it also, said it was extra moist...obviously b/c the juice. I wasn't sure about the juice at first, just seemed different but it sure made a lovely YUMMY dinner! edit. I made this again for my parents during Easter. They also loved it and mom even asked for the recipe!!
This was tasty and easy to make. I used basil leaves from the garden instead of oregano, and added some lemon juice. Thanks for the great recipe!
The salmon came out great! There wasn't a big orange juice flavor (but that was fine by me). We baked it for ~20 minutes - with oregano, without the sugar. Super easy - will definitely make again!