Recipe by evelyn/athens
Always looking for new ways to get the family to eat fish. This recipe is delicious.
Top Review by Home Cookin 'n Vermont
I was actually quite disappointed with this recipe UNTIL I remembered the extra mustard sauce for the last few bites. THEN I was extremely excited about this dish :) With the extra sauce on the end, there is lots of flavor, and is quite easy and quick!! Will definitely make this again, and make sure I remember the extra sauce from the get-go!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- herbes de provence
- 1 cup fresh french breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vinegar, sugar and both mustards in blender.
- With machine running, slowly pour in oil and blend until medium-thick sauce forms.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange salmon in prepared dish, skin side down.
- Season with herbes de province, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tblsp of the mustard sauce over each fillet, covering completely.
- Press breadcrumbs onto fish.
- Bake salmon until cooked through and crumb topping is crisp and golden, about 18-20 minutes.
- Using large spatula, transfer salmon fillets to a platter or individual plates.
- Serve, passing remaining mustard sauce separately.