Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderfully moist and delicious baked salmon dish fit for company. Garnish with extra fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- Cut salmon into 4 equal portions.
- Lightly butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place salmon in the dish.
- Heat butter in skillet and add mushrooms and green onions.
- Saute over medium heat until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in flour, parsley and salt.
- Add milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thick, then add wine or water and lemon juice.
- Boil one minute, then pour sauce over salmon.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
This was easy and delicious! Usually, I roast salmon with seasonings on top so using a sauce was a big change for me. Although I normally modify recipes, I followed this pretty closely (except for using onions instead of scallions and maybe a tad more wine...) and it came out beautifully. It is actually company-worthy too.
This tasted wonderful, but I am very sorry about the picture I used portobello mushrooms and it made the sauce very dark so sorry but I can't fault the recipe or the taste, but I wish I had used some lighter mushrooms. If you would like to remove the photo that would be ok with me. Made for Honor thy Mother the diabetic forum May 2011.