Recipe by Marie
A wonderfully moist and delicious baked salmon dish fit for company. Garnish with extra fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Top Review by mle642
This was easy and delicious! Usually, I roast salmon with seasonings on top so using a sauce was a big change for me. Although I normally modify recipes, I followed this pretty closely (except for using onions instead of scallions and maybe a tad more wine...) and it came out beautifully. It is actually company-worthy too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (or 2 T water with 2 T fresh lemon juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut salmon into 4 equal portions.
- Lightly butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place salmon in the dish.
- Heat butter in skillet and add mushrooms and green onions.
- Saute over medium heat until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in flour, parsley and salt.
- Add milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thick, then add wine or water and lemon juice.
- Boil one minute, then pour sauce over salmon.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.