1/2 Photos of Baked Salmon With Mascarpone Spinach
I got this recipe from the magazine, Bon Appetit a couple of years ago. The first time I made it, we were hooked! Mascarpone is an Italian cream cheese that can be found in many grocery stores and Italian markets. This recipe calls for salmon fillets but I found it easier to use the whole fillet and then cut it after cooking. Increase the cooking time to 25-30 minutes if using the whole fillet. And use fresh grated cheese...not that stuff in a canister that you find on the grocery shelf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 283.49 g bag fresh spinach leaves
- 118.29 ml Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 salmon fillets, with skin about 1-inch thick
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 631.69 ml French bread, with crust cut into small cubes
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese or 118.29 ml pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- 1Cook spinach in large pot of boiling water just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze out as much water as possible, then finely chop. Place in small bowl. Mix in cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Brush a baking dish with olive oil and place the salmon in it, skin side down. Spread the cheese and spinach mixture over the top of the salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (This can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Remove from fridge 30 minutes prior to putting in oven).
- 3Preheat oven to 450F/230°C Mix bread cubes, melted butter and grated cheese in medium bowl. Top salmon with bread mixture, pressing it into cheese to adhere.
- 4Bake salmon until opaque in center about 12-15 minutes if using single fillets or 25-30 minutes if using whole fillet.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Salmon With Mascarpone Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 234.6 mg
- Sodium 890.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 74.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: