Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 green onion, finely chop, using just the green parts
- Cut fillet in 4 serving pieces. Place large side of fillet toward edge of Pyrex baking dish with center open. Pierce fish, dot fish with butter, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave Medium (50%) for 5 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise, parsley, onion, and dill together.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on top of fillets and microwave Medium (50%) covered for 5-6 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
- If steaks are used, arrange with thin ends toward center of dish.
- One inch steaks should be microwaved 5 minutes a medium power, covered with mayonnaise mixture and microwaved for 5-6 minutes longer.
Made this other night with salmon and a spare tilapia fillet I needed to use up. Preferred it on the salmon but thought it was a very tasty recipe and super easy to prepare.
What a great recipe!!I I made exactly as written and next time I might add the garlic like Bergy. The butter really adds a layer of flavor to this fish and should not be missed. I served with a baked potato, green beans and stewed tomatoes. Wonderful dinner!
Excellent recipe - I only made 2- 5 oz filets and cut the mayo back to 1 tbsp each - added 2 cloves of smashed garlic Mmmm - The salmon was so moist and tasty. I can't believe that this recipe has sat here since 1999 and never been reviewed until now!