Recipe by English_Rose
Salmon is perfect with aniseed-scented roasted fennel and sweet sharp cherry tomatoes. You can splash over a dash or pernod with the lemon juice if you like.
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets, about 6 oz each
- 6 black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350F.Trim the leafy fronds from the fennel and set aside. Cut the fennel bulbs in half then cut each halt into 3 wedges.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 10 mins then drain well.
- Chop the fennel fronds roughly then mix with the parsely and lemon zest.
- Spread the drained fennel over a shallow ovenproof dish than add the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil then bake for 10 minutes
- Nestle the salmon among the veg, sprinkle with lemon juice then bake for 15 more mins until the fish is just cooked.
- Scatter over the parsley, zest and fennel leaves and serve.