Top Review by ~Summer~
I went to the Calgary Tower for dinner (which is one of those restaurants you can't walk out of without dropping $35-50 a plate) and had a similar entree, so I was looking for a copy recipe of this meal. This was perfect, tasted just like it, and very little prep/bake time! The sauce is delicious and really makes this meal. I received many compliments on this dish, from people that don't even like salmon. I added more sour cream because I wanted more sauce. This recipe is a keeper, and will look like you spent hours cooking, thank you so much for sharing it.
- 4 (175 g) salmon steaks, 3 cm thick
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 7 g butter
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salmon on a large piece of lightly buttered foil on a baking sheet. Season lightly and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Wrap loosely and bake at 170 C / 325 F / Gas 3 for 20-25 minutes until cooked. Leave to cool in the foil.
- Dice the cucumber very finely. Cook in melted butter for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add wine to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer until all the liquid has evaporated - about 10 minutes - and the cucumber is 'dry'.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cream and dill and check seasoning.
- Serve immediately with the fish.