Recipe by Geema
This is a super easy, one dish meal with fresh, delicious ingredients.
Top Review by MrsJ
I prepared this recipe last night, and DH and I thought that it was really good! It was very quick and easy to put together. We are constantly looking for new ways to prepare our salmon. We always use farm raised salmon from Scotland, which is the very best farm raised salmon you can purchase (at least here, anyway). I toasted the almonds in the oven and nuked the sliced carrots in the microwave for about 2 minutes to make sure they were properly done. I also used low sodium chicken broth as suggested in another review and used Israeli Couscous, which we like more than the regular. To top it off, we sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on the salmon about 5 minutes before it was done. This recipe is on our list of favorites! It makes a nice presentation for guests, too. Thanks, Geema for posting!
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillet, 7 ounces each
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice the carrots lengthwise and then in 1/8 inch diagonal sections.
- In a 9x13 inch baking pan, mix together the carrots, couscous, almonds, raisins, mint, oil, salt and pepper and 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of this mixture and season generously with more salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fish is opaque.
- Transfer fish to plates.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and place next to salmon on plates.
- Serve with lemon wedges.