Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found in the magazine "The Best of Cooking Fresh". It is a light, tasty and quick salmon dish. With a side of rice and a salad or vegetable you have dinner ready.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped orange zest
- 4 (5 ounce) slamon fillets, skinless
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, orange juice an zest and pinch of salt. Let the mixture sit for 5010 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon with salt and put it on an oiled (foiled) rimmed baking sheet and drizzle a thin stream of oil (or dab of butter) on top of each salmon fillet. Bake until it's done to your liking, about 6 minutes for medium 8 minutes for medium well, keeping in mind it cooks after it comes out of the oven.
- Whisk 1/4 cup oil into the shallot mixture, taste, and adjust the seasoning with a drop of vinegar if necessary. Transfer the salmon to four dinner plates, spoon about 2 Tbls. of the vinaigrette onto each portion, sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve.