mama smurf's Note:
Found in the magazine "The Best of Cooking Fresh". It is a light, tasty and quick salmon dish. With a side of rice and a salad or vegetable you have dinner ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped orange zest
- 4 (5 ounce) slamon fillets, skinless
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, orange juice an zest and pinch of salt. Let the mixture sit for 5010 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, season the salmon with salt and put it on an oiled (foiled) rimmed baking sheet and drizzle a thin stream of oil (or dab of butter) on top of each salmon fillet. Bake until it's done to your liking, about 6 minutes for medium 8 minutes for medium well, keeping in mind it cooks after it comes out of the oven.
- 4Whisk 1/4 cup oil into the shallot mixture, taste, and adjust the seasoning with a drop of vinegar if necessary. Transfer the salmon to four dinner plates, spoon about 2 Tbls. of the vinaigrette onto each portion, sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Salmon With Citrus Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: