Recipe by c.walsh
Another one from America's Test Kitchen, makes perfectly moist salmon in the oven.
- 4 salmon fillets, 1/2 lb. each, skin-on
- 4 tangerines
- 14.79 ml tangerine juice, reserved from above
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 7.39 ml ginger, freshly grated
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel tangerine and using a paring knife to cut pulp from membranes, make supremes and then coarsely chop. Place in a colander to drain over a bowl, reserving the juice.
- Place baking sheet in oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Score salmon skin in 5-6 places, oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Remove hot baking sheet, turn oven down to 275 degrees, and place salmon on sheet skin side down. You should hear it sizzle. Bake 9-13 minutes, or til fish reaches 125 degrees. Rest while you whisk topping.
- Using 1 tbl. reserved tangerine juice, add ginger, lemon juice, olive oil and whisk. Add scallion, season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in tangerine chunks. Use to top salmon.