Recipe by Sharon123
This is English cookery at its best! Recipe given by James Beard.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Absolutely beautiful recipe for salmon steaks. I made half a batch -- cutting back on the butter and using the juice of a lemon and basil in place of parsley, because that was what I had on hand. Capers, which I love so much, are a perfect addition. Served with roasted tomatoes, and steamed kipfler potatoes and broccoli. Thanks so much for posting.
- 4 salmon steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 78.07 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml of chopped parsley
- 59.14 ml chopped capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the salmon steaks with lemon juice and brush them with melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a baking dish and bake in preheated hot oven (425°F) for about 20 minutes, basting with a combination of melted butter and lemon juice every 5 minutes.
- Do not turn.
- Arrange the cooked salmon steaks on a hot platter.
- Mix the pan juices with the chopped parsley and capers, and pour over the steaks.
- If additional liquid is needed, add a little dry vermouth or white wine.
- Good with new potatoes, dressed with butter and parsley, and a cucumber salad.
- Makes 4 servings.