Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is English cookery at its best! Recipe given by James Beard.
Make and share this Baked Salmon With Caper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Rub the salmon steaks with lemon juice and brush them with melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a baking dish and bake in preheated hot oven (425°F) for about 20 minutes, basting with a combination of melted butter and lemon juice every 5 minutes.
- Do not turn.
- Arrange the cooked salmon steaks on a hot platter.
- Mix the pan juices with the chopped parsley and capers, and pour over the steaks.
- If additional liquid is needed, add a little dry vermouth or white wine.
- Good with new potatoes, dressed with butter and parsley, and a cucumber salad.
- Makes 4 servings.
Absolutely beautiful recipe for salmon steaks. I made half a batch -- cutting back on the butter and using the juice of a lemon and basil in place of parsley, because that was what I had on hand. Capers, which I love so much, are a perfect addition. Served with roasted tomatoes, and steamed kipfler potatoes and broccoli. Thanks so much for posting.
Delicious! I used salmon fillet but followed as directed, using a bit less butter. thanks for sharing !
I am not going to rate this as I did make some significant changes! I cut the recipe in half as it was just DH and myself. I only used 3 T butter...left out the parsley (because DH hates it) and used 2 T capers. As I had 2 small salmon fillets, these turned out a little over cooked...probably around the 12 to 15 minute mark would have been better. Just using 3 T butter...I found this very rich, so I couldn't imagine using more butter. This is a recipe I wouldn't mind playing around with...maybe adding some wine and a bit of garlic!!