Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is English cookery at its best! Recipe given by James Beard.
Make and share this Baked Salmon With Caper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 salmon steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped capers
- Rub the salmon steaks with lemon juice and brush them with melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a baking dish and bake in preheated hot oven (425°F) for about 20 minutes, basting with a combination of melted butter and lemon juice every 5 minutes.
- Do not turn.
- Arrange the cooked salmon steaks on a hot platter.
- Mix the pan juices with the chopped parsley and capers, and pour over the steaks.
- If additional liquid is needed, add a little dry vermouth or white wine.
- Good with new potatoes, dressed with butter and parsley, and a cucumber salad.
- Makes 4 servings.
Absolutely beautiful recipe for salmon steaks. I made half a batch -- cutting back on the butter and using the juice of a lemon and basil in place of parsley, because that was what I had on hand. Capers, which I love so much, are a perfect addition. Served with roasted tomatoes, and steamed kipfler potatoes and broccoli. Thanks so much for posting.
Wonderful! I made this for a dinner party and it was so delicious, moist and super easy! So few ingredients but such wonderful flavor. I used fillets not steaks, the one extra we cooked got split up since everyone wanted more! So yummy.
WOW! Easy, fast and delicious! My DH loved it. I served it with baked french fries and a green salad with raspberry vinaigrette. I did not use all the butter as some other chefs mentioned.Thank you so much for this recipe