Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Salmon filet topped with savory creamy mayonnaise and flavorful roasted garlic.
Make and share this Baked Salmon Topped With Roasted Garlic and Savory Mayo recipe from Food.com.
- Place salmon filet on a sheet of aluminium foil, or baking tray, flesh-side up.
- Season salmon filet with salt and pepper (to taste) and set aside.
- Chop garlic finely and mix into the cup of mayonnaise, stirring if necessary.
- Using a butter knife or a spoon, spread the garlic-mayo mixture evenly on top of the filet, the spread should be about a 1/2cm thick throughout.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and place the filet on the top rack, for 8-10 minutes, taking care not to overcook.
- Turn the oven setting to "Broil" and keep a close eye on the garlic mayo spread; turn off the oven once the garlic and mayo start to brown evenly.
- Season further with salt to taste.
- Serve with potatoes, or steamed rice.
Very easy recipe and the salmon comes out very moist and full of flavor. Being from the Pacific Northwest, I am picky about salmon but this is a no-brainer that ever first-time salmon cooks can't go wrong with.
Enjoyed very much. Please add an instruction for PEPPER. Perhaps little too much mayo. I was able to spread it for 2 lbs for three person portion. We eat a lot. :-)
This was really good. It got rave reviews from those who ate it. Like another reviewer from The Pacific Northwest, we like our salmon. I usually go with what I know works and had planned to grill but it was to cold, so I gave this recipe a try. I don't cook using measurements unless there's baking involved. With that in mind, I only used two large cloves of garlic. I also added dried chives and a pinch of thyme. I served this with roasted veggies and wild rice w/ mushrooms. Will make this again when I'm in the mood for a decadent topping.