Recipe by tlb19842006
This is something that is great if you are a diet or just want something good.
Top Review by Greeny4444
I am pleasantly surprised with this recipe. I cut the recipe down to a third of the original, because it is just my husband and me. So for the 1/3 of a recipe, I used: 1 (14 3/4 oz) can salmon, 1 egg and one egg white, 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (it's what I had), 1/2 a small-ish onion, 1 tsp. lemon juice, fresh ground pepper, 1/2 tsp seasoned salt, and I also added 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. cayenne, and 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes. I made golfball-sized balls, flattened them into patties, and baked at 375 for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through. I recommend spraying the baking pan WELL, though. I sprayed a foil-lined pan with "medium" spray coverage, and some of them stuck (not too bad, though). The salmon flavor shines through much more than the fried ones (I think), and it doesn't make as much mess! I served this with green beans and Recipe #34382. I would make these again. Sorry I messed with it so much, but thanks for the recipe!
- 3 (14 3/4 ounce) cans pink salmon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pepper & season salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350'. Drain juice out of canned salmon. Make sure all off the bones are removed. Go ahead & crumble the salmon up. Add eggs, bread crumbs, onions * lemon juice. Add seasoning to taste. I like to use pepper & season salt. I sometimes use garlic salt & garlic pepper since I love garlic so much. Then just make your patties & place on pan. Place in oven for about 45 minute or until golden brown. Enjoy.
- Note: You can flip salmon patties to brown on both sides.