This is a quick, easy recipe to make. Very delicious and very satisfying. I serve it with peas and cinnamon applesauce.
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon, flaked (I use one large can and one small can)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttered bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage (optional)
- Ritz cracker, crushed
- butter, melted
- Combine ingredients in order given.
- Pack firmly in buttered loaf pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- For topping: Mix enough butter in with the Ritz crackers to moisten.
- Sprinkle generously on top of casserole.