Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Twice-baked potatoes with salmon.
Make and share this Baked Salmon in Potato Shells recipe from Food.com.
- Flake the salmon and try removing all bones and skin as much as possible.
- Slice tops of of the potatoes and scoop out. Put the shells **skin of the potatoes** off to the side. In a bowl, mash the potato meat, adding the milk and seasonings.
- Add the salmon. Mix lightly.
- Stuff the potato shells with the potato and salmon mixture.
- Top it off with the bread crumbs. Dot with the butter.
- Bake at 400* for 25 minutes.
We found these to be very bland and boring. Perhaps use the recipe as a starting point and then fix them to your taste and liking.
Instead of salmon I used the Sunkist sweet & spicy tuna. I thought the potatoes came out slightly too dry so next time I'm going to add some sour cream or more milk. My husband and I really liked this recipe.
What a tasty & unusual version of twice baked potatoes! I'm glad that I made the full 8 servings so we can reheat these for tasty leftover lunches. I would like to play around a little with the spices, too, but I wanted to try it once as-is. The potatoes had a lot of flavor made just this way (I only added a little pinch of red pepper flakes), but I think dill or chives might be good. My husband will be topping his lunch tomorrow with green onions! Thanks for a tasty, cheap & satisfying meal!