Recipe by lazyme
When it comes to salmon, I think that simple preparation is best. This is a simple way that we used to cook fresh caught salmon either on the grill or in the oven.
Top Review by Annacia
I reduced the amount to a single serving just for myself. Used a smaller salmon steak of about 4-5 oz's. Used 1 lemon slice cut in half with one half on each sire of the fish. Simple , easy, healthy and quite tasty. Served with a mayo free carrot cole slaw and tomato slices. Thanks Vic for another keeper!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs whole salmon
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay a piece of silver foil, large enough to wrap the salmon in a very loose parcel, on a baking tray.
- If the salmon is to be served hot, grease the foil with the butter, or use the oil if serving the salmon cold.
- Thinly slice the lemon and put about half on the foil.
- Put the salmon on top, with a few slices of lemon inside with onions, if using, and lay the rest of the lemon along the top of the salmon.
- Season generously and wrap loosely, making sure the edges are securely folded together so that no steam can escape.
- Put into a medium oven, 450F (180C), for 10 minutes per pound.
- If serving hot, take it out of the oven and let it stand for a further 10 minutes.
- If serving cold, leave the salmon in the foil for two to three hours.
- To serve: Unwrap the fish and gently pull off the skin.