When it comes to salmon, I think that simple preparation is best. This is a simple way that we used to cook fresh caught salmon either on the grill or in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay a piece of silver foil, large enough to wrap the salmon in a very loose parcel, on a baking tray.
- 2If the salmon is to be served hot, grease the foil with the butter, or use the oil if serving the salmon cold.
- 3Thinly slice the lemon and put about half on the foil.
- 4Put the salmon on top, with a few slices of lemon inside with onions, if using, and lay the rest of the lemon along the top of the salmon.
- 5Season generously and wrap loosely, making sure the edges are securely folded together so that no steam can escape.
- 6Put into a medium oven, 450F (180C), for 10 minutes per pound.
- 7If serving hot, take it out of the oven and let it stand for a further 10 minutes.
- 8If serving cold, leave the salmon in the foil for two to three hours.
- 9To serve: Unwrap the fish and gently pull off the skin.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Salmon in Foil
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.2
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 156.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 54.1 g