Recipe by PaulaG
Salmon is one of my favorite foods. It is high in Omega-3 oils. This recipe comes from "Cooking with the Diabetic Chef". Serve with your favorite sauce.
Top Review by Nif
I really liked the idea of this. Salmon is so good and my youngest like fish sticks! I made this as directed but only cooked them for about 12 minutes and they were done. I would cook them even less next time. Personally, I would add a bit more garlic powder and pepper. There is also enough coating for this recipe to coat twice as much fish! We enjoyed these with Recipe #304533 and Recipe #425369. Made for my teammate for ZWT6. Thanks PaulaG! :)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinless and cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 cup skim milk
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine the corn meal, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip the salmon slices into the milk and then dredge in the corn meal mixture, coating completely.
- Place the coated salmon on the prepared baking sheet, allow to rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the salmon rests, preheat oven to 375 degree; place the salmon sticks in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the sticks flake easily.